Home cooking evokes memories of special events and family meals. Today we enjoyed hearing some of the memories that our residents shared from their childhood and family life. It is always such a pleasure to listen to our residents at Our House Assisted Living of Orem and their wonderful stories. We can and need to continue to learn from their wonderful experiences and lessons that they have learned and grown from.
We are very each day to be able to spend time in their presents. We can become a better person and friend by listening to their counsel and life lessons. It is a pleasure to serve the residents of Our House Assisted Living of Orem each and every day.
Overhead Arm Raises for Strong Shoulders and Arms
1. Place one end of your resistance band under your right foot to keep it secure and hold the other end of the band in your right hand.
2. Bend your right arm at the elbow — your elbow should be pointed toward the sky and your right hand behind you.
3. Slowly straighten your right arm, extending your right hand toward the sky.
4. Hold, and slowly lower your right arm.
5. Repeat with the left arm.
Take the Stairs Again with Knee Extension Exercises
1. While sitting on a sturdy chair, tie one end of your resistance band around one ankle and the other end to a secure, heavy object located behind you.
2. Bend your knees at a 90-degree angle.
3. Working one leg at a time, slowly straighten your knee as high as you comfortably can against the resistance of the band.
4. Slowly bend your knee.
5. Relax, and then repeat with the opposite leg.
Strengthen Weak Neck Muscles
1. Wrap your resistance band around the back of your head and hold its ends in front of your face.
2. Bend your elbows.
3. Slowly and gently, extend your arms and stretch the band forward — do not bend your neck.
4. Slowly bend your elbows, and repeat.
Bicep Curls Without the Weights
1. Place the middle of the resistance band under your feet and hold one end of the band tightly in each hand.
2. Let your arms fall to your sides.
3. Beginning one arm at a time, slowly and gently bend at the elbow (keep your wrist straight) and lift your hand toward your shoulder.
4. Slowly unbend that arm.
5. Repeat with the other arm.
Seated Hip Flexion Exercises for Chronic Back Pain
1. While sitting in a chair, wrap a resistance band around the lower thigh of your left leg.
2. Step on the ends of the band with your right foot to keep it in place.
3. With your knee still bent, slowly lift your left foot off the ground.
4. Lift your foot as high as possible, and then hold it.
5. Lower your foot and repeat with the right leg.
Come Join us at Our House Assisted Living of Orem for our morning exercises.
Introducing Miracle Micah the new “Activity Assistant” at Our House Assisted Living of Orem in Orem Utah.
What fabulous first day of work for Mr. Micah. He was given such a warm welcome by all of the residents and staff at Our House Assisted Living of Orem and he quickly moved into a comfortable routine of greeting visitors with a big doggie smile and a friendly wagging tail. The other “super” staff were amazed at the natural instinct he has to lay his head in the laps of his new resident friends and gently accept their affection. He and I are going to love it at Our House Assisted Living of Orem.
Micah loves to be with all the residents at Our House Assisted Living of Orem. He even like to attend sacrament services with them. Every person the walks through the doors at Our House Assisted Living of Orem “Miracle Micah” is there to greet and welcome them to Our Home. He loves to play games, watch movies, go for walks and is ready to cheer everyone up. He is such a blessing for us here at Our House Assisted Living of Orem. He is such a wonderful friend and employee. You can also follow Micah on Facebook at
You can watch the special that was done on Miracle Micah at the assisted living community that he worked at in Wisconsin. You can come in anytime to see and meet Micah. You will see what a wonderful addition he is to our community.
Les and Nina Boswell were married for over 74 years. Unfortunately Nina Boswell passed away a few weeks ago at Our House Assisted Living of Ogden where she lived with her husband Les. At Nina’s funeral services her granddaughter Alison Prince talked about the life of Nina Boswell and had asked her grandfather Les, what was their secret to being happily married for over 74 years? He gave Alison 5 pieces of advice.
#1 – Do stuff together. Take every opportunity to do things together. Les and Nina were inseparable. They were always together, constantly holding hands.
#2- Be honest. In everything you do, and especially with your spouse. Don’t hide anything and be truthful always.
#3- Put your spouse first. Instead of thinking about what’s best for you, think about how you can make your spouse more comfortable and happy.
#4- Sense of humor. In this world you can’t take yourself to serious. Relax, enjoy things, and have fun.
#5- Don’t get a divorce. How true. Can’t be married for 74 years if you get a divorce.
We miss Nina Boswell. Its not the same seeing Les without holding Nina’s hand. Fortunately, at Our House Assisted Living of Ogden, Les has many friends and things to do to make things a little easier.
Thank you Les Boswell for your advice and Alison Prince for sharing with us.
Model Room Coming April 4th 2016 for Our House Assisted Living of Ogden!! Come see our open and spacious rooms, bathrooms and walk in closets. The rooms have large windows that let in lots of natural light. The closets have built in shelves that will give you plenty of space and room to stay organized.
Our House Assisted Living of Ogden will be opening on May 23rd, 2016! Our House is located at 446 N Jefferson Avenue, just East of the new fire station on North Street. Please call 801-782-4444 to take a tour and make your reservation today!
Walk in closet.
Tile in the bathrooms.
Read moreComments Off on Model Room Coming April 4th 2016
I ran across a great article that put it in to 5 good reasons to move your loved one into an assisted living. These are 5 things that Our House Assisted Living focus’ on each and every day. Our facilities in Orem, Ogden and Tremonton Utah love to serve and help the residents in our communities. Please come and see our administrators to find out what we can do to care for your loved one.
Our House Assisted Living Ogden Construction is moving along fast! The rock, shingles, and hardiboard are being installed. The sheetrock should be completed this week and on to the finish work. We are anticipating an
opening date in May of 2016. Just a couple months away!
Our House Assisted Living of Ogden.
Inside Our House Assisted Living of Ogden.
Read moreComments Off on Our House Assisted Living of Ogden Construction Update February 2016